Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rockin' Country Classics: "Still One Outlaw Left"

If you like your country to rock hard, then this Confederate Railroad track is hard to top. Recorded for the 2001 album "Unleashed", it was never released as a single, and the album itself didn't fair very well, peaking at #63 on the U.S. Country Chart. Anyway, there's a good chance this track may have slipped throught the cracks of your iPod collection.

As an extra bonus, David Allan Coe lends his vocals to the song, which may or may not have been written about him. When I first heard the song, Coe is exactly who came to mind. Now, when I listen to the song, I can't help but think of Jamey Johnson, especially with these lines:

"Them boys like me are a dyin' breed
But until my last breath
There'll be still one outlaw left."

If your taste in country music tends to lean a little more toward Jason Aldean-style rockers than Rascal Flatts-style pop, I think you will thoroughly enjoy this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment